Thursday, January 19, 2012

♫ Like a virgin, touched for the very first time! ♫

Okay. I only have 11 days left before I leave my country. And today, I went to the gym, then had my medical and laboratory exam.

This is going to be a.. sensitive and personal blog post and well.. you see, I'm documenting my last 2 weeks here in the Philippines and I just want to remember what happened on this day.

I went into the clinic with my mum and the clinic assistant there assisted me to what I'm going to do since I'll be having my medical and laboratory exam. It was okay at first. I was with the medical technologist, I gave him my urine specimen and he withdrew blood from me (of course) for the CBC, Hepa B and other tests which requires my blood. As usual, he checked for my brachial vein and he seemed to have a little problem because maybe my vein there is too small. Anyway, he tried it and no blood came out. He tried again by moving the needle in a different direction (but inside the "vein") but still, no blood came out. That just means that he didn't hit the vein. So he had to withdraw the needle from my skin and look for another vein. He chose the carpal veins. The veins at the back of our palms. My veins there are pretty visible and it would be easy to draw blood from there. And finally, he succeeded. :) It hurts a little, though. -_-

After that, mum and I ate and then we went back into the clinic afterwards. The clinic assistant told me that I still have one more test so I waited there. I know that the test's name is Gram Stain but I have no idea what the doctor will do to me. After about 5 minutes of waiting, they called me in to the examination room and the assistant put the gown over my clothes and told me to remove my pants and underwear. I was shocked and my face gave it away. She said it again and then I finally removed my pants and underwear. It was pretty awkward because the doctor was already in the examination room but what the hell.. he's a professional and so am I and I know how this works. After I removed them, I asked him (the doctor is a he!!!) what he's going to do. He told me that he's going to get secretions. Then my eyes flew over to the side and I saw a SPECULUM. A. VAGINAL. SPECULUM. And then I understood what's going to happen next. SO, I acted cool but deep inside I was panicking... a little. He and the assistant told me to lie down on the examination table/chair  or whatever you call it, and they draped me and waited for the speculum to cool down. After about 10 minutes, the procedure started. And holy crap. It fucking hurts!!! It can be seen by my facial expression. I'm a virgin so it is expected that my down there is still tight and my hymen is still intact. I actually felt my hymen tear when the doctor sort of forcefully pushed the speculum and it feels like I wanted to pee so baaaaaaad and it also hurts at the same time. I dugged my nails into the skin of my fingers. I usually do that whenever I know I'll experience something painful. But the pain of having something inserted into your vagina is greater. I looked at the assistant and she had the look of concern and support for me. It really hurts. And then I suddenly thought of having sex. And it kinda scares me now because well.. of what's been happening to me at that moment. But then I thought... you have to be really horny and wet to minimize the pain whilst having sex, right? And at that moment, I was not horny or wet so it's really painful. HAHA! Funny because I can still think about that while I'm in pain. Anyway.. I think it lasted for 3 minutes. After that, I bled. grah. It's because of my residual period. I had my period last week and..yeah.. I think it's from there because the doctor also asked me if I have my period now. After that, the assistant gave me tissue to wipe off the blood and it's a good thing that I'm a nurse. I didn't freak out because of the blood and it's as if nothing happened to me. After that, I put on my underwear and jeans and went out of the examination room. My mum asked me what happened and I told her "that speculum hurts!" She was shocked. She asked me if I was alright and I assured her that I am fine. She also asked me if I spread my legs. :)) It's actually a ridiculous question. How can the doctor insert the speculum if I don't spread my legs. HAHAHA! Anyway, after that I feel weird walking. Everything about my lower extremities feels weird. I don't even feel like I'm a virgin. HAHAHA.

So.. yeah. It's a very personal and sensitive and too much information post but.. my blog is my diary, alright. And as I've said, I want to remember my remaining 2 weeks here in my country. And.. if ever I do have sex, I won't be blogging about it. heh. That's just too much. :)) What I experienced today is just like having your first Brazilian Wax. :))

Now I'm going to eat dinner and then watch movies after. 

11 more days...

P.S.

It's kind of funny because yesterday, an old lady asked me what my number is (I blogged about it yesterday. Check my previous post). And today, I experienced having something inserted into your vagina and it's making me laugh. hahaha! It's a little 'related.' haha!

-F.M.W.