Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sick Cycle Carousel to Boston


We all know this song from Lifehouse. It is also one of my favorite songs from that favorite band of mine. And, we all have different interpretations on this one. Before, my interpretation for this song was just about love. Yeah.. LOVE. 

But as of now, I have another interpretation because these lines caught my attention:

'Cause I tried to climb your steps
I tried to chase you down
I tried to see how low
I could get down to the ground

I tried to earn my way
I tried to change this mind
You better believe that
I tried to beat this

So when will this end
It goes on and on
Over and over and over again

Keep spinning around
I know that it won't stop
Till I step down from this for good

This made me realize that I'm so sick of this freakin' 'cycle' I'm going thru. Each day, or maybe every 2 days or every week, this 'cycle' happens. I did everything to get out of it but something happens as I try to get out... as I 'try to beat this.' It's really making me go insane.


If shame had a face
I think it would kind of look like mine
If it had a home would it be my eyes
Would you believe me
If I said I am tired of this
Now here we go now one more time

SHAME. Yep. I've been there. And I'm STILL there. I felt ashamed (and still ashamed) of myself. I thought I'd let go but it keeps haunting me. I thought everything was fine but it's really not YET fine. Everything is like a disaster and I'm just so tired of it all. I just want everything to be 'fixed.' I want to have my normal, carefree, happy life back and be free of this cycle.

I've been hiding because this 'carousel' is haunting me and I don't know how it keeps on reaching me. I thought that by hiding, I can finally have my normal, carefree, happy life back. And I thought that by hiding, I can go to my own Boston. Yes, to Boston where I can start all over again as a NEW person. But hiding didn't do me any good. It didn't even bring me to my own Boston. Just got stucked in the carousel.

I have to 'step down from this for good.' I have to step out into the light. Start from there and get out of the spinning carousel.

-F.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment