Monday, May 16, 2011

Hanson Day 2011

If you REALLY know me, then you must already know that I'm a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG fan of Hanson. And that they're my favorite band. :) 

Last May 6, 2011 was the 14th Hanson Day. May 6 was actually declared a Hanson Day 14 years ago in Tulsa, OK,  by the Governor back then. And it is in Tulsa where the band members live. ;) Also, their album, Middle of Nowhere, was released in the U.S. on that date, 14 years ago. It was supposed to be a one time occurrence but Hanson fans still recognize this date as Hanson Day. And WE will forever recognize May 6 as Hanson Day. :)

So, here in the PH, Hanson fans celebrated it. Instead of celebrating it on the 6th of May, we celebrated a day after that. Why? Well... most of the fans are already working. Can't do it also on a Friday night as some of them have work until midnight.. Something like that. AND.. our celebration wasn't just a 1 day celeb. We planned an overnight celebration. But I wasn't able to stay overnight. hihi.

We stayed in a hotel where they stayed when they came here last 2004. The original plan was, to be in one of the rooms of the brothers. Actually, we already reserved for Zac's then-hotel-room. But for some reasons, we didn't get it. boo! Hoh well. What's important is we enjoyed the day. :) And we have a room to stay in. 

It was my 1st time to attend a celebration like this. And it was soooo fun! We had this amazing and yummy cupcakes which has a Hanson something design on top of the icing. Ahh! I still remember its taste. Here are the pictures of that tasty cupcakes.



Hanson day 2011!


We also had this chocolate cake. I brought this. :D



Yeah.. we HAD a lot of sweets that day! Sugar high, beybeh! BUT.. I was quiet the whole time. LMAO! The sweetness of the cupcakes silenced me. -___-

Other than the foods we had, we also had this raffle. I didn't win. haha! But it's okay. We had this small form where we had to write who our favorite Hanson is, favorite song, favorite Hanson wife and favorite Hanson kid. Honestly, I had a hard time figuring out who my favorite was. haha! But in the end, I wrote Taylor ( I was TORN between him and Zac. lmao), Carry You There (though almost all of their songs are my favorite!), Nikki Hanson (Okay. The Hanson wives are just all beautiful) and then lastly, I wrote Penny. Penny is just so cute. Plus, I love her name. ;)

We also watched the 5 of 5. Though we weren't able to finish it. We also watched DWTS where Hanson performed.  ♫ Ice, ice baby! ♫

This celebration was a total success. We've been planning this since March and even invited other fans. We expected a lot of new faces but 2 is better than nothing. :))

On to the photos. :D



Yeah.. We had a tarpaulin. a VEEEEERRRY nice tarpaulin. :)
Told ya, we've been planning since March. :))



A bookmark as a remembrance.
This will be used more often because I'm itching to buy novelSSS.



This was the raffle thing. 


AND I had this as another remembrance!!
Suh-weeeet!!!


Also, on this day, I FINALLY got my Tayfarers! :)



Haven't used this one yet. hihi.


And finally, human pictures! LMAO

We planned all this. But we were not complete at this photo. 


The admins and the 2 new faces we met.


♫ Mmm bop, ba duba dop, ba du bop, ba du dop, ba du bop, ba du dop, ba du ♫

MMMBopping for 14 years.. and counting. :D

Photos are all mine except for the cake and the human pictures. :D

-F.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment