Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fallen... Angels

Last week (Wednesday), I asked my mom to buy me a book. I just wanted to do something for the Holy Week that will help me stay away from opening my laptop besides watching TV shows. So I scouted the bookstore for novels. 

I passed by a stacks of books in the Best Seller area. There's this book that caught my attention because of its cover. Its title is Fallen by Lauren Kate. I LOOOVED the book cover. So I picked it up and read the synopsis at the back of the book. It doesn't say much but I was really interested in it. After reading the synopsis, I was thinking if I should go buy it already but I decided to stay longer at the bookstore and look for more.

Then I found Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I've always like Dan Brown since I read The Da Vinci Code. So that book became my second option.

I searched for more. I circled all the book shelves and nothing interests me except for Fallen and The Lost Symbol. I HAD to choose one. I thought about it and finally I picked up Fallen. I haven't heard of this novel before (from my friends or anyone) so I thought it's my time to share to them what this book is about after I read it.

Its price tag is Php359. I told mom about it and said that it's expensive but she gave me the money anyway. haha! And when the cashier punched it in, I only paid Php287.75! I checked the receipt and it says--after the title of the book-- 'PROMOTIONAL METHOD.' I have no clue what that means. Maybe it's on discount? I don't know. But I'm glad that it became... cheaper. :))

I didn't read it when I got home. I read it last Friday and I got hooked on it!! I am so into the novel and I loved it more because I read it before I sleep. :D BUT!! Before I read, I searched about it online and found that it's about the fallen angels. Reading that info made me so excited to start and read the book. The moment I found out that it's about fallen angels, I stopped searching about it. I don't wanna get spoiled anymore so I shut down my laptop and started reading.

As I go along the chapters, part of me compared it to Twilight. Yeah, yeah. But part of me convinced that other part of me that it's not the same. Their similarity is that, it's both supernatural. That's it. 

I finished reading it yesterday. Because there are nights that I can't read anymore because I was sooo tired from cleaning stuffs here at home. But if I didn't get tired those days, I could've finished it in 2 days... or less than 2 days.

This novel left me hanging. Obviously, there's a next novel to it and there is! I read the epilogue of Torment, the second Fallen Novel and I loved it. So I decided to buy it the next day and I did! I bought the hardbound! ha! And it's quite funny because the tag price was Php495 and I only paid Php396! FOR A HARD BOUND BOOK! I was soooo happy! I might start reading this after I watch Glee which will end at 5pm. I. CAN'T. WAIT. :D 


Eye-catching cover!
I love touching it too.
The texture is not like any other books.

I bought this today. I love touching the cover too! :))

And when I removed the paper cover of Torment, I saw this.
WINGS!! ♥

The third Fallen novel will be out on June 2011.
Its called 'Passion.'
Can't wait!

"Some Angels are destined to fall."

-F.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment