Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Casting

SO... Lilly Collins have been casted as Clary Fray. AND... it's been like a torture to TMI fans as who Screen Gems will cast as Jace Wayland. Last May 31, 2011 (or June 1, here in the PH),  Jamie Campbell Bower have been casted as Jace. 

Of course, many fans of the book reacted. Most of the fans wanted Alex Pettyfer to be Jace. He's like the top choice but according to articles I read, he declined. Then there's the "TOP THREE" contenders: Ed Speelers (Eragon), Leebo Freeman and Jamie Campbell Bower. A lot of fans also wanted Max Irons and lately, posting a photo of him in his "Jace get down", is Ben Stone.

I wasn't there when the book of City Of Bones and the TMI novels started. I was really pretty busy those years what with the licensure examinations review and all. And just this summer, I started reading books because I was so bored of getting on line on my social networking accounts everyday and nothing happens. I, then, started reading the Fallen novels by Lauren Kate and after that, I was curious about this 'The Mortal Instruments' novels so I bought them. And I loved it. And from there, I knew what the hype was all about. It's like the new generation of Harry Potter. Fans are very passionate about it especially that it's going to be made into a movie. They wanted it to be perfect and I'm one of the 'they' btw. :)

So going back, I became... passionate in this YA novels I read particularly TMI. I, personally, wanted Alex Pettyfer to be Jace Wayland. He's perfect for the role. But then, as I've said, he declined. So, the next actor I wanted to play as Jace was Ed Speelers. I really couldn't see Leebo Freeman as him. Neither Jamie Campbell Bower, but he was my next choice after Ed Speelers. Then, Ben Stone.

But things happen and not according to how we wanted it to be. Jamie Campbell Bower was casted as Jace. To be honest, my heart sank when I found out. My Tumblr dash was all about him as Jace. I was in denial at first. And I wanted to rebel against Screen Gems for doing that but what will my rebellion do? Then I started to calm down and read Cassie Clare's tweets and said that JCB (Jamie Campbell Bower) was the perfect Jace. She saw JCB's audition and she said that it was 'unfuckingbelievable.' And with that, I felt okay with it. I have nothing against JCB. I don't hate him. I like him. But y'know, I just wanted what I want and it's just really upsetting if you didn't get what you want. So in the end, I was able to finally accept JCB as Jace. He's a good actor and I know he can pull it through. He just needs to have that heavenly body of Jace  and I think he'll be great.

The 2 main characters have been casted already. Things are going to be... I guess pretty fast from now on. Casting Jace was like a long journey for the pre-production of this film. I can not wait for the other characters to be casted. 

P.S.

Alex Pettyfer will always be my Jace. And I ain't mad that he turned down the role. 

-F.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment