Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Did you watch the Royal Wedding? I did! And all I can say is.. Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

Finally.. after months of waiting to see what Catherine's wedding dress would be like, we finally saw it! It was beautiful! The moment I saw it, I can't help but say 'WOW!' I also can't help but remember Princess Grace of Monaco's wedding dress when she wedded Pince Ranier III of Monaco.  Anyway.. she looked fantastic on that day! It was really a fairy tale for the Duchess of Cambridge. :)

As for William, I was surprised he wore that red unifom of the Irish Guards instead of the Royal Air Force Uniform . But it was reasonable as he was the Colonel of the Irish Guards. And.. whatever he wear, I'm sure he still would look very dashing! :D

Before the wedding itself, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II gave William his new title. He became Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus.  His style and title in FULL is: His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Srathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter. Also, Catherine Middleton was given the title of Duchess of Cambridge as William is the Duke of Cambridge. BUT.. it doesn't end there. She also, now, becomes the Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus. :) Her name lengthened! 

Going to the wedding itself.. I saw the Westminster Abbey and it was soooooo beautiful.. and BIG! Of course, there are 1,900 guests at the wedding service. And speaking of the guests, the female guests wore hats. Some pulled it off, some didn't. I'm not gonna mention who didn't pulled it off. But the hats entertained me. I loooove hats. When I live in London, I will have a lot of hats.. and head dresses! 






Prince William arrived in the Abbey together with his best man, who also is his brother, Prince Harry. I loove Harry in a military uniform. They both looked dashing! 






After the Princes of Wales arrived, the Royal Family also arrived with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip as the last to arrive.

Here comes the bride!! We finally saw what Catherine's dress looked like when she stepped out of the hotel and in to the car that brought her and his dad, Michael Middleton to the Westminster Abbey. 

Catherine Middleton walked down the long aisle of Westminster Abbey with her father on her side. She walked well. With poise and elegance and I kinda know that she's trying not to tear up.. as well as her father. I was holding back my tears while watching! haha! When Catherine is near the altar, Prince Harry looked back and said something to William with a mischievous smile. He was prolly teasing William but lip readers said that Harry said this "Right, she's here. Wait till you see her." That is what I read somewhere. :))

And when Catherine is finally at the altar, I can't help but giggle at William who finally was able to see her bride. He said something to her and to her father and at that time, I didn't know what it was. Lip readers said that William said this to Catherine "You look beautiful." And a joking statement to Catherine's father, "We were supposed to have a small family affair." :)) Oh William! :)) 


During the wedding service, I can see that William's holding back a giggle and he keeps on smiling and looking at Catherine. He was so cute. He's so in love. :) Anyway.. when they were saying their vows, I noticed that Catherine spoke with a soft, lovely voice. It was so honest and solemn at that time. I was happy that he didn't mixed up William's lengthy name. :D There was also a time when William was putting the ring on Catherine's finger. He was having a hard time! The ring must be small. haha! But he managed to put it on! :D




After the whole wedding service, Wills took his now-wife, Catherine out the Abbey so they can ride on the carriage and be on the Buckingham Palace.




It was 'traditional' that a newly wed Royal couple will be at the balcony of Buckingham Palace prolly thanking the people pr whatever.. But of course, the people in England would mostly want to see the newly weds kiss! William and Catherine did not only kissed once.. but TWICE!! 



After this, the Royal Family went inside the Buckingham Palace to have the lunch hosted by The Queen. About 3:39pm in London, the couple went out, William driving a convertible Aston Martin with balloons and a plate number that says JU5T WED. They drove to the Clarence House where they will spend the rest of the afternoon together before they have a dinner party at night hosted by William's father, Prince Charles. I wasn't able to tune in to the news at that time because I was already asleep. But once I woke up, I saw what Catherine wore on the dinner party! It was beautiful and it's another creation of Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. See that waist?! Oh dear! 

I forgot to mention the prayer that William and Catherine wrote that was recited during their wedding.

God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage. In the busyness of each day, keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer. We ask this in the spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen.
That was it all. Congratulations to the both of them! Wishing them all the love and all the best! :D

(PHOTOS ARE NOT MINE. Credits to the owners of the photos. I couldn't remember who owns it except for photos I got from BBC News, ANC News and GMA News.)


-F.M.W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment