Friday, February 14, 2014

Seeing Hanson for the first time

Most of the people who know me probably know that I am a big fan of Hanson. I don't care what they say about it but to me, Hanson is not just all about the MMMBop. 

I was a big fan since MMMBop and so when they announced that they're going to have a concert in Manila last 2004,  I literally begged my mother to go with me. However, due to some circumstances, I was not able to go. My mom told me then that the next time they come here, she will come with me and watch them live. SO I held on to that promise. And waited... 

Until some time in November 2011 when I woke up early in the morning and saw on Facebook that they are coming back again in Manila on March 31, 2012! My, my! I couldn't go back to sleep after that. I was so excited because that was my birthday but then I knew that I wouldn't be able to go again because I'll be going to England to study a month before that time. Days passed and I started to feel sad about it and even thinking of asking to start on September 2012. But my friend told me not to be sad and told me to go on as she believe that I will see Hanson someday. Once again, I held on to that thought. And waited...

Until June (?) of 2013 when Hanson announced that they will have Anthem (their new album) European Tour. I checked the dates and alas! There was a date in London! I got tooo excited and I promised myself that whatever happens, I WILL GO. Before tickets went on sale, I researched about how IndigO2 looked like so I know what type of ticket I will buy. Then I learned that standing is the best option for me because I will get to see them closer. I bought two tickets and I told my boyfriend (now, my husband) that he will come with me. No questions asked. heh.

On the day of the concert, December 8, 2013 (that was Sunday), I went to London and later did I found out that The Walk was happening on that day. I was too late!!!! I could have gotten closer to them and chat with them for a bit! :( I didn't linger to that thought for too long because I don't want to feel sad. I wanted that night to be magical! 

My husband and I was on the queue by 6pm and they let us in at 7pm. The show started at 8pm with their guest, Sion Russell Jones. And then it was followed by Hanson. When I saw them for the first time, I couldn't believe it. I just told myself "this is it!" I was so happy. Words could not describe how happy I was. I was just so in love with the music and I could not believe that I am hearing the songs I listen to on my iTunes, iPod or iPhone LIVE! And let me just say, that they sound so incredible live! It's like I'm listening on their recorded album. That's how awesome they are! I wanted to take more photos but my iPhone makes it a bit impossible to take a clear photo of them. And anyway, photos won't help me capture their performance of the song, so I take videos instead.  Sometimes, the song they perform is just too wonderful that I just want to listen and sing along with them and taking a photo or video is not an option. :) 

Here's the setlist on that show!


1. Fired Up (where I got really fired up!)
2. I've Got Soul
3. Where's The Love (brought me back to the 90s)
4. Scream and Be Free
5. Tragic Symphony
6. Thinkin' 'Bout Somethin'
7. This Time Around
8. On and On
9. Penny and Me
10. With You In Your Dreams (where I became very emotional and teary-eyed)
11. Heaven (Bee Gees cover)
12. For Your Love (Isaac's solo) (been hoping that Ike will sing this)
13. Call Out My Name (Zac's solo)
14. Weird (Taylor's solo)
15. Juliet (Zac on piano!)
16. Already Home (where I got high because of its melody and everything. I love this song!)
17. Waiting For This
18. A Minute Without You
19. MMMBop (I've been dreaming of hearing this song live)
20. Get The Girl Back
21. In The City
22. Lost Without Each Other (thumbs up!)

Encore: 

23. Merry Christmas Baby
24. Run Rudolph Run (Chuck Berry cover)

It was a good 2 hour show. I wanted more and I'm pretty sure that it was not only me who wanted more. When the show ended, it was like I'm on a high. My husband asked me if I was happy and I said I was more than happy. I told myself that I will go to their future shows. And also try The Walk. :) 

-Mrs. W-

No comments:

Post a Comment